- This article may be outdated. Please check the Patch Notes for more details.
Resources in Firefall come in many forms and from different sources, such as resource veins, surface deposits and as creature drops.
Groups & families
- this table shows the resources possible maximum stats (the green highlighted stats are this resources main stat)
- mouse over abbreviations in the table header for the complete naming
- New Eden (Stage 1): spawns resources at a quality range of 1 to 150
- Diamondhead (Stage 2): spawns resources at a quality range of 75 to 300
- Sargasso Sea (Stage 3): spawns resources at a quality range of 125 to 600
- Antarctica (Stage 4): spawns resources at a quality range of 250-1000
- Melding: higher quality overall resources
The resources in Firefall do shift their quality after a given time or after the pool for a resource is harvested completely. This way players will find new qualities of the same resource in a zone after a few days (or 1 week at least according to a dev post). The pools are emptied by respective activities.
Official post from Phobos
There are global pools of resources that are available. These pools are time limited and resource limited. For instance...
Raw Regenics[CY-645] Default 34866668 46688651 June 13th, 2013 16:53 June 20th, 2013 16:52
There is a pool of Regenics[CY-645] that spawned into the default pool (missions, thumpers, watchtowers, etc) on June 13th with 46688651 total resources. 34866668 of those resources have been harvested already. The pool will go away on June 20th at 16:52 server time if the pool is not harvested out first.
When a new vein is created, it pulls X amount of resources out of the pool and puts it into the vein. That vein sticks around until harvested or the global pool times out.
There are multiple global pools; default pool, melding pool (for veins near the melding), new melding pocket pools, PvP pool. Each has different resources at different quality levels.