- This article may be outdated. Please check the Patch Notes for more details.
Crafting is the process in Firefall when materials are refined, researched, and used in manufacturing new Equipment. In order to perform any part of crafting, the player must find a Molecular Printer only found in the Hubs. When the player approach the forge they will be given three tabs to interact with:
- DNA & Technology Processing
- Resource Blending
- Resources that have already been refined are now able to be blended together (only resources of the same type) to change the quality.
- Resource Refining
- Raw Resource Refining will take the raw resources that the player has acquired and will refine them into usable crafting materials.
- Crystite Refining is taking already refined resources and refining them a second time to extract the crystite from them. It is a quick and easy way to turn excess resources into crystite.
The Manufacturing section of the Molecular Printer is where the players Refined Resources and Crafting Components will be used to make Battleframe Equipment, Consumables, Crafting Components, Mission Items, Thumpers, and Vehicles.
- Battleframe Equipment
- Includes the Nanoprints for Primary Weapons, Secondary Weapons, Abilities, Plating (Armor), Servos, and Jumpjets.
- Primary Weapons and Abilities will be in their own separate menu because they are class specific, while Secondary Weapons, Abilities, Plating, Servos, and Jumpjets will all be under the folder "Shared Equipment" and they are not class specific.
- Crafting Components
- To make almost anything in the game, the players refined resources must be made into crafting components. This category is divided into two lists "Battleframe Components" and "General Components".
- "Battleframe Components" has all the Nanoprints to make the crafting components for any of the Battleframe Equipment Nanoprints. After a bit of research, this list can get very long, however it is in alphabetical order for easy use.
- "General Components" has all the Nanoprints to make the crafting components for the Mission Items, Thumpers, and Consumables
- Mission Items
- Includes the Nanoprints for Mission Specific items.
- Includes the Nanoprint for the Cobra P-39 LGV, currently the only craftable vehicle as of update 0.7.1729
Once the player has selected an item, they will be shown:
- The costs of the item (at the bottom of the screen)
- The amount of time it will take (at the top of the screen)
- And the Stats of the item being crafted (at the top left of the screen)
The player can then select different materials and the quality to be used in crafting if the option is available. Once started, the item will be added to the job queue and the player must wait for it to build. however, the build can be rushed with use of Red Beans. The build will continue if the player is logged in or not, so it is possible to start an item and let it run without interaction until it is complete. If the item is completed while the player is logged in, they will receive an audio notification.