- This article may be outdated. Please check the Patch Notes for more details.
|"The BioCrossbow fires a slow firing bolt that has a soft drop over long distances. Its altfire fires grenades that explode and leave lasting clouds of toxins."|
|Weapon Type||Primary weapon|
|Rate of Fire||750 ms/burst|
|Alt-Fire Splash Radius||4m|
|Reload Speed||1.2 seconds|
|Magazine Size||12 ammo|
The Bio Crossbow is the Recluse's signature weapon. Its primary fire launches a fast traveling bolt that deals moderate-to-high damage and has a slight arc, with spread from the aiming point only apparent at significant target distance. Its secondary fire launches a gas grenade that has very noticeable arc. The grenade deals moderate initial damage in a small area of effect around its point of impact, then leaves behind a cloud of poison that deals additional damage over time. Only the primary fire can critically hit.
Poison Grenade Secondary Fire
- Poison damage type
- Slower travel speed, very significant arc
- Hits everything in range of the projectile when it lands, for roughly half the damage of the primary fire.
- Leaves behind a poison cloud that does additional damage to targets that pass through it.
- The cloud causes a short DoT (Damage over Time) that is applied and refreshed while within the cloud, and continues to do damage for a few seconds after leaving the cloud.
- Very difficult but possible to critically hit
- Damages user if they are within or enter the area of effect, both for the initial impact damage and the residual poison cloud DoT.
Affected By Perks
- Catalytic Poisons (Secondary Fire)
- Collateral Analytics (Secondary Fire)
- Head Hunter (Primary Fire)
- Potent Toxins
- Necrotic Poison