- This article may be outdated. Please check the Patch Notes for more details.
From the official page:
"The supreme act of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting"
-Sun Tzu BIOTECH The Mad ScientistThe Biotech-class battleframe is much more than a simple combat medic. Using their many different on-board medical systems, Biotech-class battleframes can revive the incapacitated, rejuvenate a whole squad of allies, or engage in chemical warfare with clouds of deadly poisons and toxic ordinance
With the right perks and cores, the Biotech can rival the Recon battleframes' run-speed which can make it good for "hit-and-run" in and out of pitched battles to revive downed teammates, fire off a few rounds, and escape before being hit too much. Having more hit points than the Recon battleframes makes the Biotech classes more durable in a fight.
- The heal friendly/damage enemy abilities of Healing Wave and Healing Pillar give the Biotech a decent close-range punch while Triage carries a double-benefit of reviving downed teammates expediently as well as providing decent additional damage-resistance for the user further making them more durable than the Recon classes, while still maintaining near the same speed and agility.
- Poison-based abilities of Creeping Death, Evacuate, Necrosis, Poison Ball, and Poison Trail are very effective at slowing and damaging clusters of enemies, especially those with higher-than-average damage resistance (Nautili, some Chosen, etc.). Coupled with a decent speed multiplier, it is possible to spread poison damage and slow enemies over a wide area so the heavier-hitting classes (Assaults, Recons, etc.) can clean up relatively unmolested.
- The Accord Biotech and the Dragonfly suffer from a lower damage potential than more combat-oriented classes due to their weak primary weapon. Upgraded versions of them partially mitigate this but they depend primarily on their abilities to do the bulk of their damage. An area-of-effect secondary weapon helps with this but they still cannot compare to a true combat class.
- Class abilities compensate for this but while on cooldown, they are back to depending on their speed and weak primary weapon for offense and defense.
- The Recluse generally doesn't have this issue but unless equipped with some healing abilities of its own loses some of its siblings' resilience. The Siphoning Unit perk, exclusive to Biotech frames, makes up considerably for this weakness, however.
The Accord Biotech and Dragonfly frames both function very specifically as support frames, with weaker-than-average damage countered by significant healing and group utility. The Dragonfly in particular is an extremely potent healer and support frame, with abilities like Healing Ball, Healing Dome, Healing Pillar, and Healing Wave, allowing the Dragonfly to keep its allies (and itself) up through a significant amount of punishment.
The Recluse frame flips this concept on its head, sacrificing most of the Biotech's support for shear damage output. The secondary fire on the Recluse's BioCrossbow, combined with abilities like Creeping Death, Evacuate, Poison Ball, and Necrosis, give the Recluse a significantly higher amount of firepower than either of the other Biotech frames, putting it on par with the other damage-focused frames. Though rare, Recluses are also still able to equip the Accord Biotech healing and support abilities such as Healing Wave and Triage, giving them the option of sacrificing some of their offensive power for more group utility. Even without healing abilities slotted, however, the Biotech exclusive passive Siphoning Unit gives the Recluse significantly more durability than initially apparent, especially if combined with Necrotic Poison's damage reduction. Potent Toxins also gives the Recluse a significant amount of target control, causing those damaged by their weapons and attacks to also be slowed for a duration. Like the cannon weapons of the Assault frames, the secondary fire on the BioCrossbow has significant arc, allowing more indirect artillery-like fire at long ranges. Modding the BioCrossbow and abilities for AoE size can grant significant battlefield suppression ability, as entire sections of the battlefield become enveloped in the Recluse's caustic poison clouds.
An overview of all the Biotech Battleframes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGXpP5c4KMs
|Assault||Accord Assault - Firecat - Tigerclaw|
|Biotech||Accord Biotech - Dragonfly - Recluse|
|Dreadnaught||Accord Dreadnaught - Arsenal - Mammoth - Rhino|
|Engineer||Accord Engineer - Bastion - Electron|
|Recon||Accord Recon - Nighthawk - Raptor|